Integrated Farming II in Zambia
- Project Implementer: Mendel University in Brno
- Donor: Czech Development Cooperation
- Implementation period: 2019 - 2021
- Holistic Solutions Ltd participation: throughout the implementation period
Goal of the project
To increase the incomes of small and medium-sized farmers by introducing and developing an integrated approach to farming in the Western Province of Zambia, thus contributing to raising the living standards of local people.
Small and medium-sized farmers in the Western Province will increase agricultural production and productivity through the implementation of sustainable farming practices.
1. Increased capacities of farmers and stakeholders in sustainable agriculture practices, integrated farming and holistic land and livestock management.
2. Increased crop, fodder and livestock production among targeted farmers while implementing sustainable landscape management.
3. Improved access to quality agriculture inputs and to local markets and improved production and business skills.
4. Improved access to quality training and extension services.
Target Group and Beneficiaries
The target group consists of 800 small and medium-sized farmers in 4 districts (these already selected in the first phase of the project), 18 field workers of local ministries of agriculture and livestock (plant production workers, livestock assistants, veterinary assistants, workers in the forestry department, Ministries for Community Development (field workers for community work), Ministries of Health (field nutrition workers), 8 communities for the introduction of holistic management and 4 cooperatives or formal / informal associations and groups.
The final beneficiaries of the project are the agricultural population of the Western Province, living and farming in the affected districts of 4 districts, comprising approximately 2.500 households, which is about 12.500 inhabitants including children.
The Holistic Solutions team focuses primarily on awareness raising, project management and is involved in building fish farms.